Sunday, August 24, 2008

WARNING!!! remember this blog is for me and my thoughts, so if they seem personal I apologize but I don't write in journals very well but I do find time to blog...

I've been feeling baby hungry, if you know me you would probably know that that is not a characteristic that I usually have. I have adored having Kate but I didn't ever think that I would be the kind to get that longing for another baby. Ryan has wanted a second one for a long time but it has taken me a while to catch up. The original plan was to wait until the first week of October to start trying, we chose that time frame because I am planning on running the St. George marathon and I have been training for it for a year and we thought we would try afterward. But you never know how long it will take you to actually get pregnant and given Ryan's school schedule i would like to have the baby in the summer so that i can have a stress free Ryan to help which also creates a stress free me.

So given that background I have thought a lot about whether or not to stop taking the birth control and decided to pray about it, after a good session of pouring out my heart to Heavenly Father, then opening the scriptures to a random place I opened up to Moroni 7,8 and 9 in the Book of Mormon. These scriptures spoke about children and how beloved they are of the Lord and also stating that "has the Lord ceased to do miracles in our time"?, we are required to have faith. I can truly say that I feel like it's ok to start trying and whatever happens the Lord will take care of it. I did get a strong impression that I need to work on my Faith and truly put my faith and trust in the Lord. I have seen his hand in my life everyday why not in this right? So I'm pretty excited about our new adventure ahead of us. And I know I can put it in the Lords hands cuz he knows what's best for me.

Again, I apologize if I get to personal, but I just needed to record my thoughts while they were fresh.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I just found this blog Rachel. I love that your baby hungry. It would be so much fun if we could have our babies together. What a great experience. I love how the Lord answers prayers.